These recipes are specially selected to work for the person who has limited cooking equipment, limited space, limited ingredients to cook with, and limited cooking skill - or, who has an abundance of those things, but little time.
Who might fit this description?
1. Young adults starting college life in a dorm that permits minimal cooking.
2. Military adults living in a barracks that permits minimal cooking.
3. Traveling adults of any age who need to cook in an efficiency kitchen or hotel on vacation or on a business trip.
4. Busy families who are short on time.
Last time we were travelling, we had an apartment kitchen with limited equipment. And, I didn't want to stock a kitchen with my normal fifty or so spices for a short stay. I needed ingredients that could be made in a simple pot, and had a short list of ingredients to buy & store.
These recipes are my standbys for when I have one pot to cook in or a simple appliance like a Microwave or Slow Cooker, limited time, and a limited pantry.
Bulgur Pilaf ( Pourgouri )
Simple Black Beans
Greek Style Black-Eyed Peas ( Louvia )
Moujendra ( Mejadra )
Philippine Style Fried Rice (use your leftover Rice from Chinese Takeout! : )
Pasta & Sauce
Baked Potatoes in the Slow Cooker
How to Cook Rice
Green Beans Almondine
Black Bean and Corn Salad
Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Super Simple Salad
White Bean Salad
Pita Bread, Stove Top
Hummus Sandwiches (You can use store bought hummus, if need be )
Greek Tahini Sauce or Dip
Popcorn, Microwave - Make Your Own
Crispy Rice Treats
This is being shared on Healthy Vegan Fridays, What'd You Do This Weekend, My Meatless Mondays, Clever Chicks, In & Out of the Kitchen, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Modest Mondays, On Display Monday, Wise Woman, Simple Living Wednesday, Life with the Crust Cut Off, Real Food Allergy Free, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, Simple Lives Thursday, Fabulously Frugal Thursday, Penny Pinching Party
- Recipe Index
- Home Schooling
- Menu Plans and Bulk Cooking Plans
- Gluten Free Vegan Recipes
- Slow Cooker and Crock Pot recipes
- Freezer Friendly Recipes
- Articles and How To's
- Make Your Own Vegan Mixes
- The Care and Feeding of Omnivores
- Features & Blog Hops
- About this Blog and Copyrights
- Omnivore Foods (Meats, Dairy, Eggs, Poultry, Fish)